Sunday, July 27, 2008

Select Coaches Final Thoughts

Lindsay
I know, I know, I have been absent from this blog. I just wanted to save everything 'til the end so I could collect my thoughts and figure out how to say everything in my mind and heart. This has been one of my favorite teams to have ever coached. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant to have the "little kids," as I consider myself a better tactical coach than skill coach, but wow were my eyes opened!

These kids have been so amazing to coach. I know I was a little hard on them at times, but they all took it in stride and responded immediately, which is a very mature characteristic to display at such a young age. Yes, we may not have won as many matches as we would have liked, but I do know that in the matches we lost, they each gained a greater knowledge of the game and will grow tremendously from the experience.

I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this group, and will not soon forget all the "rock out" moments in the van and the fun experiences outside the gym as well as the lessons I learned from them.

Thanks to all the parents who allowed us to borrow their amazing children for a short time. It has impacted me forever.


Josh
This whole experience was quite an adventure for me. Getting to work with this group and along side Lindsay was great for me. From the first day in the gym until right now sitting at the airport, I have enjoyed every moment. All of the kids worked hard and did everything we asked of them.

We did an excellent job at the tournament of working to get better. Every match we saw great improvement in each player. They also learned a lot of lessons off the court that they can take into their personal lives. I am so impressed with this group of players and can't thank them enough for all of their hard work over the past 10 days.

Team Awards (Based on stats)
Best Spiker: Rachel Enloe (.255 hitting efficiency)
Best Passer: Rachel Enloe (1.68 passing average)
Best Server: Rachel Enloe (2.78 serving average)
Best Setter: Jessika Long (133 assists)
Best Digger: Brittyn Niemi (120 digs)
Best Blocker: Carley Rasmussen (26 total blocks)
MVP (Most Points): Challie Mitchell (96.0 points)

No comments: